ALV, GLV and Geo
The innovative and Patented formulations ALV, ALV Plus and GEO are low viscosity formulations that are truly unique. ALV and GEO can replace traditional glycols in chilled water or GSHP systems. The superior flow characteristics of the products mean they function at high levels of efficiency and hence reduce both system design and longer term operating costs - especially when compared to standard glycol based products. Please refer to the ALV and GEO technical data for further specific performance data.
In summary, the products successfully combine the significant hydraulic and heat transfer properties of Mono Ethylene Glycol (which is toxic) with the safety and eco-profile properties of Mono Propylene Glycol (which is non-toxic) to give a flexible, efficient and safe-to-use formulation. Maximum economy during the system design stage is then realized and, due to lower energy requirements which can often show reductions in running costs - whilst at the same time taking care of risk management through high levels of product safety. Read what New Food Magazine has recently reported about ALV by following the link here (you may have to copy the link and paste it into the search bar of your browser):
Reliable products with a strong eco-profile are a major determining factor in product placement - often this is an over-riding prerequisite in modern times as specifiers and engineers alike need to ensure that they select only the safest and most environmentally friendly products for both new and existing systems. ALV and GEO comply with today’s stringent requirements in all respects. Here are the reasons why clients choose ALV and GEO:
- Full concentrate supplied as standard – customised strengths can be made if required
- Both ALV and GEO are Non-Toxic - safe to use, transport and handle
- Formulated with FDA approved glycol bases and viscosity modifiers
- Bio Degradable
- Do not bio-accumulate
- Superb corrosion inhibition – exceeds ASTM D-1384
- Full scale inhibition
- Inhibited against micro-biological growth
- ALV and GEO have Hydraulic performance equal to or better than standard (toxic) Mono Ethylene Glycol – they are easy to pump therefore save energy and the associated costs
- Allows pumps and pipework to be reduced in both capacity and size – another design cost saving
- Patented formulation made to ISO standards in the UK with rigorous QC batch production
- Products fully supported with any necessary water treatment advice (such as pre-installation requirements or historical problems with scale/corrosion/micro-biological fouling and advice concerning any system cleaning or waste disposal)
- Advice and support on any related auto-dose equipment (if required) waterside problem solving and full water analytical services with clear recommendations and suggestions
- Next-day delivery of all products from stock as standard
- All products available in various sizes for ease and flexibility of use and handling
- Extremely competitively priced
All of the above mean that ALV and GEO really are the best products available for the Chilled Water & GSHP industries in the UK today. In addition to the above features and benefits, ALV and GEO are less expensive than standard MPG products.
The choice is now clear…ALV for chilled water systems and GEO for GSHP.
These formulations do it all - there is no need to use anything else!